Yarraville West Primary School is an inner suburban school near the city of Melbourne. The school is located in a quiet residential area and has served the schooling needs of the community for over 130 years.
The current school building was opened in 1985. The modern building consists of 12 permanent classrooms, 22 portable classrooms, 3 special purpose rooms, 2 art centres, library, 2 computer areas, a first aid room, an administration block, a canteen and a large hall.
To expand our playing space we access the Yarraville Football Oval, which backs onto the school.
While we constantly strive to improve and extend the academic achievements of our students, we also recognise the importance of social skills, problem solving skills and the importance of being creative and adaptable.
To this end the teaching and learning practices of Yarraville West are based on a value system and learning framework that recognises:
• Learning develops best when children are actively engaged in their own learning
• Learning proceeds constructively when children are taken seriously
• Learning proceeds at many different rates
• Learning is significantly enhanced within a safe environment
• Positive teacher/learner relationships are critical if effective learning is to take place
Materials for Principal Applicants