All of the little things you do leading up to the first day of school will help your child be ready.
Let your child try:
- putting on and taking off their own clothes (buttons and zippers)
- putting on and doing up their own shoes
- eating and drinking without help (unwrapping sandwiches, peeling fruit, opening and closing lunch boxes)
- using a tissue or handkerchief
- using pencils and scissors
Other things to consider:
- Can they flush a toilet or use a urinal and wash their hands afterwards?
- Can they use a water fountain?
- Can they ask clearly for things?
- Can they cope when little things go wrong?
- Encourage them to always say “Please”, “Thank You”, and “Excuse Me”
Tips Getting Ready for Prep
Tips for a Healthy Start to School